The 2 Syntagma Alexiptotiston or 2 SAL (2nd Parachute Regiment) is the Greek Special Force's parachute unit.
The 2 Syntagma Alexiptotiston consists of two Squadrons. The 1 Mira Alexiptotiston or 1 MAL, is based at Maleme, Crete. 2 Mira Alexiptotiston or 2 MAL, is based at Aspropyrgos, Attica, which is also the home of the Sholi Alexiptotiston or SHAL (Greek Army's Parachute School), and Regimental Headquarters. Although it's main role is similar to that of 1 SKD, the Parachute Regiment would be required to undertake specific airborne roles.
- Primary mission: Long range reconnaissance
- Secondary mission: Behind the lines raiding and Combat Search And Rescue missions
Raised and Disbanded
- Raised: Sholi Alexiptotiston or SHAL (Parachute School) 1955
- Raised: 2 Tactical Commando April 1965
- Renamed: 2 Syntagma Alexiptotiston or 2 SAL (2nd Parachute Regiment) 1967
- Regimental Headquarters
- 1 Mira Alexiptotiston
- 2 Mira Alexiptotiston
- Aspropyrgos, Attica, Greece